3/2/09

The story behind the design. The first Christmas song my daughter learned to sing is silent night. She twirls and spins with her hands in the the air when she sings this song. My god daughter was going back to Massachusetts to live with her grandmother. So we let the children open the gifts from her before she went home to spend Christmas with her grandmother. Her mother passed a few days from Christmas in a car accident when she was two. She stayed with us for six months. We opened gifts sang Christmas carols and enjoyed her last day. So my daughter was dancing a special dance of Silent Night for her. She went home that night on the plain. It was a great early Christmas. My daughter is my jewel and my flower. That is why I added the gold and the flower and sparkled it up...It was a fun but sad day for all of Us especially the little one who is enjoying her last day with her big sister until summer returns.

This is one of my favorite now. I printed the song silent night on velum. I use Heidei Swap flower and added ink, Stickels, beads and overlaid it with glaze. Cut out Christmas from Cricut. I use two ribbons in the back round. Behind flower I put together Tim Holts new alcohol inks and it look so beautiful. Like marble . I inked everything. Added silver, black and brown high lights to the Christmas word. The main card stock is from Close to my heart. The strip of paper and the top paper is from Provo Craft.. All My ink Is Tim Holtz Ink!! Great stuff!! I will retake picture when the sun finally comes out in Utah!!


No comments:

Post a Comment