3/2/09

My Father en-law is an artist! he has lots of of pieces in local gallery's. He works with bronzes and he paints. He is one of the top one hundred artist in Utah. I couldn't have him be in an ordinary scrapbook layout, Because he is anything but. He went with us to a pumpkin patch and helped me with my youngest. It was a very fun day! I wanted to make this page as artistic as I could. I use water color ink by Tim Holtz's. I also embosses with distress embossing powder. (The swirls.) The green matting used to mat photo is from Tim Holtz's alcohol ink on Vellum . I wanted it to look old and wrinkled. I also distresses the edges of the layout and carried it into the center of the page. I use basic gray card board pieces and ink it green with the water color spray. I used making memories rub on the photo. I really got the artistic look I was looking for! I hope you all enjoy it! I almost wanted to sign this one like I do with my paintings because it's a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment